to Configuring the JW54APM wireless repeater with a
1. Connect your Laptop/PC, JW54APM and
2. Connect the
1. Go to your network adapter properties
2. Select Tcp Ip and click on Properties
3. Select Advanced
4. Add 192.168.111.125 to the Ip addresses list AND Add 192.168.1.125 to the Ip address list.
5. Click Ok to apply, Click Ok on tcp/ip properties page and ok on the Network Connection .Properties.
Establish http connection to the
Password = 0000
2. Go to Data . WLAN . Repeater
3. Fill in the repeaters mac address (acquire from webadmin of the repeater) in the space provided.
4. Go to Data- Wlan . Configuration
5. Select the channel you want to use. (must be static)
6. Get the
SSID and the BSSID (Mac address) of the
7. Click ok and reboot.
1. Plug you AP onto the LAN and change your PC/Laptop Ethernet settings to the 192.168.1.0 range.
2. Connect to http://192.168.1.1 with your internet browser.
Username = guest
Password = guest
3. Set AP Mode to AP . WDS (wireless distribution centre)
4. Use the
same SSID and channel as the
5. Go to WDS Setting
6. Add wireless bridge BSSID.(the Mac address of the soho)
If you plan on using encryption (recommended) use the same settings for both the soho and the repeater. If you are using the same network for both your wi-fi phones and network equipment you run the risk of exposing your data to anyone that comes into Wi-Fi range.
Place the device by registering a wi-fi phone to the soho establishing a call and walking away from the SOHO. When the WIP phone start beeping you are going out of range. Place the repeater within the range for best performance.
For any further technical queries please log on to http://www.miatech.co.za/phpBB2/ and post us your question.